TO OBTAIN A COPY OF YOUR RECORDS:
- If you saw Dr. Simonds for couples counseling, both partners must sign a release of information.
- To obtain your records and both partners are willing to give written consent, please email Dr. Simonds at firstname.lastname@example.org. She or her representative will send you the appropriate form for you to sign and return. There is a fee for copying records that is set by law.
- In most circumstances, Dr. Simonds or her representative will send a copy of a treatment summary rather than treatment notes for your entire counseling.
- The laws on retention of records are different depending upon whether you saw Dr. Simonds in her Idaho office or had counseling by telehealth.
- For residents of Idaho, records will be retained for 7 years.
- For residents of Washington, who only saw Dr. Simonds in her Moscow office, records will be retained for 7 years.
- For residents of Washington, who saw Dr. Simonds via Telehealth, records will be retained for 8 years.
- If you would like help finding a new therapist, please see the Counseling Resources page.
- Questions should be sent via email to Dr. Simonds at email@example.com.