- I am unable to accept couples whose relationship problems are being caused or significantly impacted by substance abuse or addiction or pornography unless the partner with this problem is actively engaged in treatment that is considered the standard of care for that particular problem.
- If a partner is in treatment for the above issues, I will request a signed release to contact the therapist. After discussing the progress of the partner needing treatment with the therapist, I will assess whether that partner is ready to address relationship issues.
- I do not work with couples in which one partner is engaged in a relationship with another person, such in an affair or polyarmory.
- I do not see couples who are struggling with relationship violence and I recommend individual therapy for each partner with a different therapist for each and/or consultation with Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse.
- If one or both partners have symptoms due to a mental health condition, then I may recommend individual therapy as the preferred form of treatment or in addition to EFCT .
- For couples who need immediate help with parenting issues, please find a family therapist.